BB5: 2024 Bills Schedule

The release of the upcoming season schedule has become another major event in the offseason that the NFL has capitalized on. Networks are fighting for critical matchups and the chance to showcase rising stars. Fans eagerly await what road trips they plan or if a particular matchup will be in primetime. It’s become a big deal for something pretty routine in professional sports.

The Bills have a loaded schedule, which comes with the territory when you win your division. I think they will win 12 games this year and continue their AFC East dominance with a 5th consecutive division crown. It won’t be an easy feat by any means. In this edition of BB5, I will cover the five matchups I am most intrigued by on the Buffalo Bills 2024 schedule.

5. Buffalo Bills @ New York Jets, October 14th, MNF - This will be both team's 6th game of the season, so fans should have a good idea of what they are heading into this matchup. Josh Allen has struggled against the Jets’ defense in his career, so it will be interesting to see how he handles them with a revamped WR room. Will Aaron Rodgers be healthy? We all remember what happened last year in this matchup. If Rodgers returns to form, the Jets are a viable division challenger.

4. Buffalo Bills @ Detroit Lions, December 15th, 4:25 - This will be the Bills’ third straight NFC opponent coming off their bye week. The last time these two teams played was Thanksgiving 2022 when the Bills marched down the field with 20 seconds on the clock for a game-winning Tyler Bass FG with 2 seconds remaining. Both teams have come a long way from that game and are considered Super Bowl Contenders from their conferences. This game will be a good test for the Bills’ defense facing the elite offense the Lions have.

3. Buffalo Bills @ Houston Texans, October 6th, 1:00 - I was torn on this game because I am over the Stefon Diggs drama that’s clouded this team for the last two seasons. I expect a lot of back-and-forth trash talk in what will be a great game. C.J. Stroud is a star in the making at the quarterback position, and the Texans will be looking to make a statement early in the season. Stroud and Diggs should have some chemistry by this point in the season, so it will be interesting to see if Diggs is the focal point of their game plan against his former team. I don't expect it to be a central talking point with any Bills players leading up to the game, but you have to think that Allen and McDermott have this day circled on their calendars.

2. Buffalo Bills vs. San Francisco 49ers, December 1st, SNF - The Bills haven’t hosted the 49ers since 2016, when Colin Kaepernick was quarterback. A lot has changed since then. The reigning NFC Champions will be another strong test for the Bills’ offense and defense coming off their bye week. How will they handle Brock Purdy's quick passes and Christian McCaffrey's skill set? Facing a formidable defense this late in the year will be a good challenge for Josh Allen as he gears up for the playoffs.

1. Buffalo Bills vs Kansas City Chiefs, November 17th, 4:25 - Death, Taxes, Jim Nantz and Tony Romo call a Bills-Chiefs game. The matchups between Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes have become must-see TV. The Bills have won the last three regular-season matchups in this series but have not been able to defeat the Chiefs in the playoffs when it counts the most. I expect this will be another great game coming down to the final minutes, like in previous matchups. Winning this game would be a big boost of confidence heading into the bye week.

Previous
Previous

BB5: Rebranding the Offense

Next